Monday, October 18, 2010

The Countdown Begins

I cannot believe we are leaving the country for a month with two little kids in less than 10 days. It seemed like we had all of the time in the world, and now I am feeling the pressure. (Insert screeeaaaaaaam!)

We have started to make a list of things we need to pack, get, and/or prepare for the trip. I put a piece of paper out on the counter and every time an idea popped in our heads, we wrote it down. The serious list has yet to be made. Hmmmm... maybe I should do that today.

I started seriously working out a few weeks ago. The Argentines are serious about looking good. I had read somewhere that boob jobs were covered by private insurance plans. Not sure if it is true, but the women there were in fabulous shape. I should have started working out a long time ago. Oh well. With all of the walking we will be doing I am sure I will burn a calorie or two. Did I mention I would be walking to places that had creamy gelato, beautiful steaks, decadent wine, and handmade fresh pasta? I may not burn calories, but maybe I can break even???

A few things from my list:

*Make sure care for dog is arranged (food, leash, vet info)

*Refill precriptions before we leave

*Cancel and reschedule doctor/dentist appointments

*Put together an emergency medicine pack for kids (they may not have exactly the stuff you are used to using)

*Pack Always tampons and pads (TMI but trust me from experience, you want the good stuff)

*Pay bills ahead of time if you can

*Go to airline website to enter passport info

It is Spring in Argentina right now which makes packing early so much easier. We are not wearing Spring clothes right now since it is Fall here so we can easily pack weeks ahead of time. Added bonus: More use out of clothes for the girls that otherwise would not get anymore wear.

2 comments:

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

I'm stressing out, and I'm not even going! Girl, you better pack some valium too while you are at it :) Hope there will be lots of pics on your blog cause I'm a visual learner...LOL!

Mommy said...

Nellie- lol. I never thought about Valium but it is now on the list! Right now wine has been pretty helpful. I promise to post lots of pics. I'm loving your all's pic of the day. Beautiful!