Thursday, October 28, 2010

Here We Go!

It has been a long few days with all of the packing and organizing for the trip. What really helped the most was making a list several days ago for each individual person's suitcase. As I would think of something, for instance nail clippers for the kids, I would write it down. Today as I was putting everything into the suitcases, I did not have to think about what needed to go in. I simply looked off of my list. That saved my sanity as well as a ton of time.

Traveling with kids is a learning experience. I have learned to make take a few toys and books for when we get to our destination as well as a few activities for the plane. Packing a few snacks and a couple of suckers for take off and landing has been helpful as their little ears tend to hurt. Sounds simple enough, but I have actually not done this on a few trips past and suffered. My oldest who was 6 months old at the time was hurting so badly one time, she head butted me in the nose. Ouch!

Quick tip: If you are traveling with car seats, cover them with a large plastic lawn bag before checking them on the plane. This will keep them clean.

If you have a computer savvy hubby like me, you can take your Vonage box with you to Argentina and still receive and make calls without incurring international calling rates. Whoohoo!

Last year when we were in Argentina, the three year old was fighting over the stroller with the one year old. Thank you Craigslist... I went online and found a Sit and Stand stroller so everyone will have a spot to sit and.... it was only $40. Sweet!

I am sure there are a ton of grammar and spelling errors, but the taxi is almost here. So.... gotta run! Next time we meet, I will be in Argentina :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rebecca! Have fun. Does your computer savvy husband know if Magic Jack works that way, too? Headed to Grand Cayman next week. Can't wait to hear more about your trip

Mommy said...

He says it does!