Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tying Up Loose Ends

There is so much to do when you are preparing to go anywhere with kids. Even going to the grocery store seems to take 30 minutes of prep just to get out the door, and inevitably there is something I've forgotten.

Preparing to go on vacation takes preparation well in advance. As I am writing this I am giggling because preparation is not my strong suit. Some of the things you absolutely have to do is check your passport. If it is within 6 months of expiration, you must have it renewed or you will not be permitted to go abroad. Also when getting passports for children there are specific steps you need to follow. One of those I found out the hard way.

We went all the way downtown to the main post office with all of the documentation for the kids to get their passports only to be told we needed the long form birth certificate, and we had the short form. No one ever told me I had a choice, and apparently the short form is the default form. Did I mention as we were at the passport office we were considering putting a rush order on the passports because we were worried they would not come before we were to leave on our trip? Now we had to obtain a long form birth certificate in addition to applying for the passports. Like I said before, I am not one for preparation. LOL

Getting your airplane tickets in advance will save you lots of money. If you have a lap baby, call the airline once you have purchased your ticket online to give them all of the info on the child. If not, it may delay you once you get to the airport. Unfortunately my youngest will be passed the lap baby age. She gets her own big girl ticket. Almost forgot.... we got a night time flight so the kids will sleep. (You can't see this, but I am crossing my fingers.)

We FINALLY heard back from the apartment rental place this morning. They told us we are officially confirmed for our apartment as well as our transport from the airport. I think we may have waited a little too long this time making reservations for apartments. It seemed that every apartment we had inquired about had already been rented out. AAAARRRRRGGGG! After much searching and back and forth calls and emails with the rental place we eventually got exactly what we wanted and in the location we wanted. Whoohoo....

This seems to have been the big stuff we had to take care of. Thank goodness Argentina does not require a visa for U.S. citizens. That is one less thing to prepare.

1 comment:

Toyin O. said...

Have fun in Argentina!

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/